Friday, February 25, 2011

Dinner For Two.


Hey Lovely's, here is what I made for dinner tonight...and with the amount I made, probably for the next four nights! I thought I'd share it with you all, it is a delish, low fat and healthy meal!

Cioppino

2 tbsp butter
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (14.5 oz) Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup dry red wine or beef broth
1 cup spicy veggie juice
1 bottle (8 oz) clam juice
1 tsp salt
1 lb halibut or haddock steak, cut into bite-size pieces
12 clams or mussels, cleaned (I just used canned clams...it's cheaper and whatev)
1 lb uncooked peeled deveined medium shrimp with tails on (I'm allergic to shrimp so I just used extra clams:-)


Melt butter in 4 quart dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in butter about 5 minutes until tender.


Stir in tomatoes, wine, veggie juice, clam juice and salt. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.



Stir in fish and clams. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.

Stir in shrimp. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork and shrimp are pink and firm. Discard any unopened clams.



Serves 6 people (1 serving size: 1 and 1/3 cup) 
Enjoy!

xo Autumn

1 comment: